Sunday, July 4, 2010

Zoning In #1


Ever had a passion? Not the kind you read about in Harlequin romances - I mean a passion. It puts a smile on your face when you go to sleep and keeps you company when you wake up, follows you through the house, gets in your car, goes to your work, permeates your conversation when you are talking about unrelated things. I'm uberblessed - I have three. My God, my family and my art.

Arcylic paint is candy for my soul. Wires and buttons and scraps from magazines make my fingers tingle. I get all excited when I find old tins - the innumerable uses! And bits of yarn! I get all tongue-tied just thinking about it... (some of you are wishing I would find more yarn). I come alive after 11 at night - the hour The Zone and I are one. Blessed Summer - the season that brings my Zone and I together. I get to go to my own place - do you? If your zone hasn't found you yet, put out an ad. It's not as dangerous and the personals, and you don't have to kiss any frogs in hopes of finding your prince.

May the force of The Zone be with you always.

4 comments:

  1. Hi . .Your mom told me about your site. I luv your stuff it is so fun. Keep up the good work.

    Aunt Genell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an awesome post! It is truly inspiring. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone had a passion like you do with your art - and the flexibility in their lives to pursue it - whenever their best creative time occurs (even if it is 11:00 at night). Enjoy your creative time.
    (You forgot to mention FABRIC! One can never have too much fabric.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Aunt Genell! You are so encouraging. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Fabric Fanatic.... :) Certainly I do enjoy it - - it's quite a compulsion, actually.

    ReplyDelete