Monday, July 5, 2010

Organic and Human


My historical creative journey has been a long, long, long one. If that journey were a string, I am sure it would easily stretch from here to the moon at least 5 times. Now that the string has found it's way back to earth once more, I do believe I have managed to tie a knot that will anchor it properly to my heart. Isn't it lovely when you have someone to show you how to tie those knots and keep them tied? Frederick, you tie the best metaphorical sailor's knots in the whole world.

For my 38th birthday my folks had me, my husband and daughter over for dinner. They man a lighthouse in the middle of their street, lovingly guiding all who enter through life's ocean. I was touched this weekend when a fellow sailor was viewing my work and made two observations - he called it, "organic" and "human". Certainly I think both apply. The creations I have photographed seem hard-done-by somehow, not being allowed to show themselves in their truest forms. They boast wires moving in spirals, lost buttons found and held in hugs of paint, abandoned moss meant for seasonal decoration adopted into landscapes, sunlight and branches bursting from canvas.


I marvel at how fellow sailors in different waters can alter the courses I plot. This traveler certainly can record in her captain's log the day that same fellow sailor inspired me to get my organically human work out of my basement and into some fresh air.
Thanks, Jean.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the compliment. Your birthday celebration was memorable and your family was very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste ... I love your Artwork ! My favorite is the Daisy's . They just seem so bright and fresh !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Anonymous! I love those, too. They are fun to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celeste--- your artwork is amazing I would like it hanging in my place, very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous! Who are you? I would happily sell you some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the awakened one and the love, hope and strength one. Do you have an idea of price. I will email you soon -- it may be closer to August when I have the money together but I could just vision them in my dining room they are very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, when you email me I'll happily discuss pricing with you. For something like "Intertwined" (that's the one you described), it would be about $275. Intertwined is a 16x20 collage using moss, tiles, mirrors, acrylic, and other materials. Price would vary according to sizing, materials and anything else we discuss in consultation. If I knew who you were, I'd be able to tell you if I had to charge for shipping or not. :) We'll chat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to save money and when I have some together I will be in touch. I really like your art work and came upon your blog by chance. The colors and the collage pictures you do are amazing and I really like the words of hope you use in your artwork.

    ReplyDelete