Friday, July 16, 2010

Waiting.



It's true! I didn't know what to paint for a few days... Then, out comes this drippy business over there. How did it happen? I waited. Not the kind of waiting where I sat on the couch and twiddled my thumbs, although I have to admit to having done that for at least a few minutes while hemming and hawing. This was active waiting. I got opinions, I leafed through art books, I had some quiet thinking time and some not-so-quiet thinking time. Then, out came 3 new works. (The next two I'll post soon ...)

Waiting is fun! Not the passive kind (the kind I brought up in the beginning of this post), but the assertive kind. So, I wait on my family when I do dishes or cook a meal. I wait on my students when I organize a field trip or spend extra time outside of school listening to them. I help a stranger out by holding the door just because they are there and I was the first one through. Waiting is fun. Hard work kind of fun. The rewards far outweigh the cost.

How much time do you spend waiting?

5 comments:

  1. You are just SO dang talented!! I am amazed at what you come up with. Your work shows so much fun in it. I luv them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I wish you could see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to purchase one of your paintings before the end of September. I really like your prairie flowers one too. About how much would that be? I live in Calgary so you might be able to figure out the shipping/handling costs. All your pictures are great they are peaceful and calming and inspirational just as art should be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    If you lie in Calgary, there would be no shipping fee as I do, too. I'd happily meet you at an agreeable place and deliver the piece. I'd like to meet with you when you are ready to determine what you'd like to commission, if you want me to make one just for you. If no one buys Prairie Flowers by the time you are ready to purchase, I will happily sell it to you for $250.

    Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you enjoy the work I do.

    :)
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks...I would email you but am in the process of changing my email and phone number as I make and escape to safety. I am really looking to brighten up my world with art and look forward to having some of your work in my dining room soon. As soon as I can get settled in my life I will be sure to email you and see what you have.

    ReplyDelete