Friday, July 9, 2010

Merry merry


"A merry heart is good medicine."
Many days in my childhood, my mother used that beloved quote hourly. She even had a little tune that she would sing just to make sure that it really, really stuck with us kids. Usually she'd sing this lovely ditty as we were in the midst of learning some character-building lesson or other. Ironic, no? She was right, though. (It's true! Moms know stuff!)

How do you keep your heart happy even in the midst of trials? Create! Run a marathon! Read a book! Spend time with people you love! Looking at life as a chore is a guaranteed way to clog the arteries of a happy heart. I'd rather avoid a heart attack. I have more than one happy place - here I share with you the evidence of one of them.

Where's your happy place?

No comments:

Post a Comment