Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Superwoman Sucks - A Lovely Rant

The Dana Dearden Superwoman.Image via Wikipedia
The indecent pace at which I have been working of late has led me to one conclusion:  Superwoman sucks.

She's a giant liar.  We can't do it all, have it all, serve it all, and smile while we relax around it all.  Yet I uphold this ridiculous ideal that I should smile happily while I work 10 to 12 hours in a day, come home to serve supper to anyone waiting for it in the house, do the laundry, find time for my artwork, mark papers, then go to bed until the next day when more of the same awaits me.

Solution One - continuously use this blog as my personal Complaint Department.
Solution Two - quit my job, become a working-at-home mom and focus on my art
Solution Three - quit whining and merrily go about my life while finding engaging moments I can savor and carry a gratitude attitude

Wish I hadn't thought of Solution Three.  Now I have to do it.  FINE.  I'll do it happily, too.

Ranting ends here.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. That is the life of a working mom . .been there. I had to learn to not sweat the small stuff. Let the house go if need be. . as in dusting and vacumming. Only do the "L" on one day. If that does not work then only do one load a day if it is a full load. When you make dinner make double and freeze one for those crazy days. Do the 15 minute before bed pickup. If it's important to Emily she will pick it up. If not it gets taken away and she has to earn it back. Makes life a little less stressful.

    ReplyDelete