Friday, August 13, 2010

A Mantra for Tenacity

Uploaded from : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...Image via Wikipedia
The first invite to share my work in a marketplace was offered recently, as some of you may recall.  This morning, when I opened my email, it turned out that this offering was rescinded since so many of the vendors are having financial trouble and are pulling out of the fair.  What a disappointment!  My heart skipped a beat, to be sure.  I was so looking forward to being there!  I spent about 5 minutes wallowing in that lovely pool of self-pity that we all enjoy now and again, and then I pursued other avenues.  What else was out there?  Turns out that people get ready for Christmas artisan fairs right about now - in August!  It's so hard to wrap my head around that one, but I suppose it makes sense.  "Be prepared" thought the ex-girl scout.

I can't say this getting-off-my-hiney-after-having-been-kicked thing is a habit yet.  I have too often let fear stand in my way.  I suppose that's why I have only begun to share my artistic work with the world this year.  It's my full intention to make it a habit, though, let me tell you.  There's no way that setbacks will ever keep me down again!  At least, that's the plan.  Marva Collins had it right when she said, "Fail to plan, and plan to fail."  How's that for a little well-worn teacher-speak.  It works for me!

What is your tenacity mantra?
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: